Skip to main content

Driver is not my name

Being India the blend of different cultures and peoples there are so many differences of food, behaviour, lifestyle and practices can be seen. The things we believe and the way we live is different but deep inside we all are the same. There is a thread connect us with each other. Sometimes how  meeting someone unknown unexpectedly even for a moment can leave impact on particular's life thi book is all about that.




Book - Driver Is Not My Name 
Pages - 81
By - Raj Prabhakar

Driver is not my name by Raj Prabhakar is a book about extraordinary expressions by ordinary peoples. This book is all about subtle and similar small experience we live everyday but can't be active enough to grasp and think about them deeply.

Each chapter in the book is sneak peek of authors life experiences concerned with how can a little moment, a one person can change a whole of a perspective for another one. The kind of stories that explores the cultural eccentricities of society while subtling critiquing it.

When I picked up this book I thought it to be a story contain journey of a person who's  working as a driver but this was tottaly different. This read was yet amazing book that a reader can avail their time and mind to.

By reaching to the climax I was curious enough to know more about the author. Here I had a convo with author and I'm presenting some questions which I asked him and he deliberately and quickly answered them all.


1.Can you share with us something about the book that isn’t in the blurb?
Ans. Awesome real time stories that happened in my life. The people are not super heroes but they were very inspiring like my grandmother.

2. What inspired you to start writing?
Ans. Don’t know, just started writing the book.

3. How do you develop your plot and characters?
Ans. Real time experiences

4. How much time do you spend writing in a day ?
Ans.74 pages, four years. Challenging to write in between work.

5.Which genre you like to read the most? 
Ans. Life experiences, motivation, self help

6.What, in your opinion, are the most important elements of good writing?
Ans. Idea

7. If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
Ans. I wonder.

8.What advice would you give a new writer, someone just starting out?
Ans. Have a compelling idea

9. Any message for readers? 
Ans. Read the full book. If required, take breaks.



Thoroughly it can be considered as a perfect holiday read as you can read this one while relaxing and relishing your favorite cookies along with a hot steaming tea. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Speaking Stone

When a mystic thriller with past and present synchronized takeaways is book-ed it can definitely be a very interesting read if only it is penned in interesting yet uncomplicated manner. 'The Speaking Stone' by Ratnadip Acharya is a historic thriller story revolves around  mystic unique piece of stone which connects two different centuries in a thread of love, revenge and uncraved treasure.  Story begins when around in year 2016 - 17 in Mumbai a half piece of stone with a street vendor drown a boy named Saikat's attention so much that he bought it. Curiosity of finding another half of that mystic stone leads Saikat to an unplanned journey to Tripura. During the unplanned journey of his life Saikat collided with Shuvashini who's aim to get a doctorate by writing about treasures hiding in Unakoti lead her there. Little did they know this journey of theirs was aimed by destiny to unfold some deepest secrets which were still hidden!  On oth...

Fireflies In The Backyard

    Short stories have always been something I craved from childhood. I remember the days I used to bug both my Grandmothers and my mom to tell me stories everyday unrepeatedly. Each that book I pick which contains short stories it seems nostalgic to me and I love to cherish moments which are still dearest to me. So you people will be thinking why I'm rambling today about short stories!Well today I'm here with another book review of a very beautiful book. Book - Fireflies In The Backyard By - Pranjal Hazarika Fireflies In The Backyard by Pranjal Hazarika is a collection of short stories which can always be kept close to our heart. There's exact 11 stories which implies deep bitter experiences of life faced by people around us and we can never be unaware of. People says don't judge a book by it's cover but how can we miss the cover which is designed so beautifully! This was certainly a lot more good read than what we usually read. When I first started...

Daughters Of The Brothel

Being India a democratic land, most commonly discussed topics amongst people are equalation rights and prostitution. Prostitution is mainly considered as "Problem" and it does not exist only in India but throughout the world. We have already read so many articles online ,in newspapers or in books where written depth of researches, all the myths  about prostitution but they all end up with proposing their perspectives about "What government should do about this!" including some suggestions like, government should make strict law which works not only to remove the prostitution but also change the mentality of people who are interested in paid sex by punishing them.(well this is the most specific one I read in so many articles.) But is this subject minor enough to research, write , read and forget? Instead the more it is written about the more it feels mocking to the people who are involved in sex working or human trafficking or who belonged to enunch and ishmaels. ...